MSD Animal Health is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious:
Intern Applied Science or Industrial Engineering
on behalf of the Department QCOM (Quality Control Operations Microbiology)
MSD Animal Health is one of the world's leading companies in the field of veterinary medicines. MSD Animal Health develops and manufactures vaccines and drugs for farm animals, pets and fish. We have offices in over 50 countries and sell our products in more than 140 markets in which we operate in a network of production and R&D sites around the world. MSD Animal Health is characterized by an open culture with lots of room for initiative. Your development is central in this internship, but we also want to learn from you!
QCOM (Quality Control Operations Microbiology) is part of the QC group of MSD Animal Health. We have over 120 people working within QCO of which 17 persons allocated to microbiology.
Within Microbiology we perform sterility testing over a wider range of end products, raw materials and environmental samples. Microbiology also performs different types of sampling over the whole MSD Animal Health plant. To support the ongoing growth of MSD Animal Health we are looking for optimization of our tests.
Project and specific activities that the student will be working on:
• Learn to perform the specified test(s)
• Learn how the flow from sample taking to the final sample release is done
• Optimize the test in terms of operational excellence
• Setup metrics to visualize the improvements achieved
• Reduction of waste
The activities described above are the basic package and will be conducted often independently after a good first work- and learning period. On its own initiative or by request from the organization, these can be supplemented with other projects and / or tasks.
We are looking for:
A still studying BSc student Applied Science or Industrial Engineering or equivalent who;
• Is available for 4-5 days a week for a period of 5-9 months.
• Has a professional attitude, enthusiasm and inquisitiveness entails and finds it a challenge to do an internship in a dynamic complex environment.
• A broad-based internship, which allows you to get acquainted with many aspects of the field and there to gain experience, with enough room for own initiative.
• A challenging and dynamic learning environment with a lot of space for personal development.
• Professional guidance by an experienced specialist.
• A placement fee of € 375,- for Higher professional education (HBO) gross per month (based on a 40-hour week).
Information & Application:
Are you interested in this internship, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the internship, please contact at the above e-mail or by phone: +31 6 25 07 46 30
The application process consists two interviews.